‘Little KITEs’ IT Clubs is an unique initiative of KITE, which feature over 1 lakh student members. The Hi-School Kuttikootam programme, which was part of the Public Education Rejuvenation Mission of the State Government, through which students were given intense training in 5 areas such as Animation, Cyber Safety, Malayalam Computing, Hardware and Electronics, has been structurally upgraded in Student Police Cadets model, thus becoming ‘Little KITEs IT Clubs’. Little KITEs is set to become the largest Student IT Network in the Country.
Hon. Chief Minister, Shri. Pinarayi Vijayan has launched this unique initiative on 22nd January 2018 at Thiruvananathapuram. In addition to the already identified 5 Core areas, more topics have been added such as Development of Mobile Apps, Programming, Robotics, E-Commerce, E-Governance, Video Documentation, Web TV etc to the activity bouquet of 'Little KITEs`.
1. To encourage the natural interest of students in ICT field and to create a culture for appropriate usage of technology and software.
2. To provide an opportunity for students to learn the different perspectives of ICT tools, so as to make use of them for their learning activities.
3. To ensure participation of students in the usage and upkeeping on ICT equipments at schools, thereby increasing the productivity of the school is ICT enabled learning.
4. To empower students to undertaken minor technical issues of ICT equipments.
5. To enrich students on proper and safe internet usage and cyber security, and also to inculcate the importance of language computing.